May 04, 2009

Thank You Evie! =D



Evangeline Miles is a mate of mine, she also happens to be the amazing mind, skill and talent behind Evie's Closet. I don't give praise lightly, and those that know me will tell you that I tell it how it is. I KNOW how much time and effort goes into Evie's creations, I know the care and attention that she gives to each piece... anyone with an observant eye can see the quality of her work.

Sadly Evie has been having a rough time of it, it appears that not everyone can appreciate such fine work, beautiful detailing or the effort, skill and talent that goes into making her gowns or just how ridiculously under priced her gowns are...

So I sent out a call in plurk to the woman on my friends list yesterday and was heartened by the response to join me in a little project to show how much we care about Evie and what her work means to us.

I was inspired by a comment on plurk that someone made; "when I wear Evie's dresses, I feel like a princess" (or words to that effect) so I wanted a way to show Evie that there where people in SL who do appreciate her work, and what it means to them.

So we came up with a group pic... always a hard thing to round up a bunch of people in SL, but many people wanted to be a part of this! Thank you to everyone who participated and to everyone who sent messages supporting Evie :)

So thank you everyone and most of all, Thank you Evie... for making these spectacular gowns and for putting your heart into your creations.

*hugs*

~Faery~

Shown in pic from left to right:


Saiyge Lotus, Achariya Maktoum, Whimsy Winx, Cajsa Lilliehook, Joonie Jatho, HeZkeZl Slade, Faery Sola, Roxette Wise, Spiderkitten Mirabeau, Voshie Paine, Ziggy Quirk, Candy Cerveau, Nuuna Nitely, Gabby Panacek, mab macmoragh, Avalon Birke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, wish I'd been around this weekend to join the pic! I did however wear one of her dresses for my "Princess of Chakryn Forest" blog story not too terribly long ago... Evie, here's to you dear! I love your dresses!!!!!

Avalon said...

I love how we all had Evie's dresses - her work is loved all over the grid. Thank you Evie, for your brand of magic. Thank you, too, Faery, for your idea - it was a lot of fun to pose :-)

Studio Sidhe

RL art in SL. Fashion for your second life... Wear your art!